Fit-out of the CAT-B tenant areas of the existing Station Building on Harcourt Street in Dublin, consisting of ground floor reception and two levels of office space. The new layouts, as well as added equipment for the additional enclosed office and meeting spaces. The landlord plant and toilet cores were fully retained. Axiseng was commissioned Savills, who had the role of project managers.
The client required a new, prestigious office space in Dublin to meet their new office needs, to match their updated offices in London.
Due to the historical value of the building, there are significant protections in place and conversation of the original fabric was essential.
Working closely with design team to carefully co-ordinate the services within the limited voids and working with the construction team to re-used existing support structures to avoid fixtures to the existing fabric.
The Station building offices were retrofitted into the northern end of the Harcourt Railway station. The original building was opened in 1859. The curved outer stone wall of the building was rebuilt in the early 1900s because a train crashed through the wall in 1900.